Destinations in Portugal
LISBON & LISBON COAST
Known as the White City by its luminosity Lisbon is as well one of the oldest cities in the world.A historical capital and also a potpourri of unusual character and charm where centuries and centuries of various cultural influences mingle with modern trends and lifestyles creating surprising and spectacular contrasts.
Lisbon Coast also known as the Portuguese Riviera offers a romantic and cosmopolitan discovery along Estoril, Cascais and Sintra.
Annual special events
– Lisbon Fish and Flavours – April
– Rock in Rio – May (every 2 years)
– Festivities of Lisbon St Antonio – street party sardines & wine– June
PORTO & DOURO
Porto is the second-largest city in Portugal and it is an event in itself… With its historical centre registered as a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1996, Porto offers tradition and culture and along the Douro River where you can enjoy amazing views of the terraced vineyards.
– Fantasporto – International Film Festival – February/March
– Holy Week Festivals – April/May
– Feasts of São João – June
Probably the best internationally known region of Portugal… The beaches, the golf courses and the climate are the highlights of the Algarve and they turn it into an all year round destination.
– Loulé International Jazz Festival – July
– Silves Medieval Fair – August
– Portugal Masters – Golf Vilamoura – October
– Christmas Village – November
– Home of Ginginha